Monday, May 4, 2009

A little bit of genius


"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." -Albert Einstein

Whoever said genius and psychosis are mutually exclusive was severely mistaken. Au contraire!

Last night (on the recommendation of my awesome roommate) I watched (most of) The Cruise, a documentary about a bus tour guide in New York City. It's over a decade old but the images and feelings evoked are timeless... I highly recommend it to any lover of New York or simply poetry, for that matter.

Not only did it serve to reinvigorate my romance with this city, but it also reaffirmed my love affair with language. And, above all, it made me once again appreciate madness as a complement (and a perhaps necessary one, at that) to brilliance.

"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where can I get a copy???