Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lighting a fire



So for those that are unaware, I am a bit of a pyromaniac. Not in the 'she might need to be institutionalized' kind of way, but moreso in the vein that I am absolutely fascinated with fire to the point that I could sit in front of a fire and be entertained for hours.

It's no secret that I'm also passionate about words, and I have a new one. It's not a new word, but it came out of my mouth last night when I was discussing my tendencies and I quite enjoyed it. Pyromaniacal. It's an adjective that is an obvious outgrowth of the noun.

If madness breeds intelligence, who cares if I become a bit euphoric in the face of a raging flame? I'd rather be the catalyst for a chemical change than a wet blanket, after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blogging again! I really enjoy reading them.