Monday, March 31, 2008

Over My Head

I don't profess to be an expert in any field. One particular realm where I'm really in the dark, though, is Wall Street. (Not quite as in the dark, thankfully, as one of my very good friends who will remain unnamed, who actually told me three days ago that he never knew Wall Street was actually, in fact a street).

This blurb in The Onion made me smile, because sometimes even the most meticulous reading of The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times yields nothing more than sheer frustration.

The Onion

JPMorgan Chase Acquires Bear Stearns In Tedious-To-Read News Article

NEW YORK—As a volatile market reacts to news of the Bear Stearns fire-sale deal with a surge in stock prices but reduced bond yield, officers...

Check out the full text - it's hilarious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NEW YORK YIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Entertaining!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

No way! Did they really print that?

Anonymous said...

TWENTY TWO lines in only four sentences... I'm impressed.