Tuesday, January 29, 2008

E-John Hancocks

Just a quick reminder:

Most new jobs come with new e-mail addresses, and with new e-mail addresses comes a world of possibilities. Do I forward? Do I have it all sent to my blackberry? Who do I give this new e-mail address to? What is my signature going to be?

As for that last one - I overheard someone in the office discussing a coworker's e-mail signature (you know, that thing at the end of your e-mail that has your name, title, digits) because said colleague was not careful when he created the signature. It turned out that the executive was sending out countless e-mails as head or executive or manager or director of broadcating.

Check it twice!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a great reminder to always check it twice!!!

Anonymous said...

You better check your E-Hancock twice or you will sending out....

Tracy Bratten Ass. Editor or Asso. Editor instead of Assoc. Editor. Although I would much rather be an Ass. Editor than and Asso.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Name, title, digits.
We think we're So Very Important
and it really boils down to
Name, title, digits.
That's funny.
And, of course, at the bottom
of my emails are...
Name, title, digits.
Sigh...