Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to Life, Back to Reality

I'm Back!

I haven't blogged since December 12 because I was completely swamped with final papers and holiday chaos. The good news is I turned in the last paper required of my Master's career on December 15! I officially have my Master's degree (M.A.) in Journalism from NYU. So my brother was right when he rapped about me having three degrees. (Earlier this year Robbie wrote a little 'flow' about me, which I'll post at the end).

I spent a long 10-day break in Texas with family and friends, and came back to New York to ring in the New Year. I am particularly fond of the rhyming capabilities for New Year's Resolutions. All night Monday I was chanting, "Lose weight, look great, get a date, clean slate, 2008!" So here I am, starting fresh. Out with the old, in with the new. Turning over a new leaf. (Insert any combination of your favorite 'new beginnings' clichés). I have a new job. It's a new year.

Courtesy of my brother, Robbie:
i did this while listening to "This is why im hot" put it on an go start when he starts the first verse This is why i'm hot, alright here i go, this is fo sho guna be a tight flow. And you know how, cause you know me; its going out to my sis Tracy B. Its going down, its about to happen; you cannot forget that her last name is Bratten. And you should know, wat that name means; shes already put it in like 4 magazines. Straight to top, yea shes going up, shes just like a bomb; man shes blowin up. Shes up at NYC gettn that degree, no i aint got one; but shes got three. ya thats the word an its wats heard, im the athlete she is the nerd. sike im just playin, we about to fight, i can throw a disc; man she likes to write. and you always know, we gonn come through; bout to go holla at NYU, but here is my ryhme, it should be a crime, this was 5 mins i need more time. but its okay, man i don't play; youll get another flow on another day! lol im dumb!
~thanks bro.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Robbie got some of your talent for writing! Good luck with your new job, new perspective, etc. Great in 08----

Anonymous said...

This is rather adorable, I must say.