Friday, June 1, 2007

Although I'm quite confident that this photograph is self-explanatory, I can't resist commenting, especially considering the timeliness of the mishap: last night a champion was crowned at the Scripps National Spelling Bee. He is 13-year-old Evan M. O'Dorney of Danville, California, and I'm willing to bet that he could spell "tomorrow" without a problem.

A Fox News article that features the above AP photo reads:
The Democratic presidential hopeful pitched a technology plan to Silicon Valley executives in California Thursday, with the misspelled message, "New Jobs for Tommorrow," plastered in large white letters on a banner behind her podium.
Of course, Hillary is hardly culpable for the unfortunate banner, but the event certainly gave Fox News some ammunition with which to poke fun at her. I've got an idea for a new job: how about proofreader?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of one of your earlier posts dated March 4th. It is scary to think how many people had to see this while it was being printed, paid for and displayed without catching it!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad I was able to help you out! ;)