Friday, March 30, 2007

How Many Words Do You Know?

I think that Sacha Baron Cohen is a brilliant comedian. Many people find him disgustingly offensive, especially after the runaway box-office smash Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, and still others just think his bizarre antics aren't funny. Borat was an equal-opportunity-offender, criticizing Americans from all different walks of life. Personally, I found the satirical film offensive and hilarious. Two thumbs up.

Sacha Baron Cohen first gained fame as alter-ego Ali G, and I think his earlier interviews on Da Ali G Show are among his best work. If you aren't familiar with his stuff (and aren't easily offended), definitely check it out.

Because it is Friday I thought I'd lighten up a bit with some comic relief. Below is Ali G interviewing Dr. Noam Chomsky, distinguished professor of linguistics, on language. I'd personally like to know whether Dr. Chomsky was in on the joke, though it's quite hilarious either way. Enjoy!

No comments: