Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wear With Care

Ever since screen-printed t-shirts became popular (When did this happen, anyway? Was the iconic "I Love New York" t-shirt the pioneer in cultivating an obsession with shirts emblazoned with everything from ping pong to political statements?), everyone from pre-teens to posh fashionistas have worn their emotions on their, er, chests.

On my lunch break today (I work in SoHo, which is both really fun and simultaneously detrimental to my meager bank account) I strolled by one of the many Broadway (the street, not the cluster of currently curtained plays and musicals due to a stagehand strike) boutiques that this elite shopping district has to offer. I stopped in my tracks upon reading one of the shirts in the window: "Seasons Change, So Do Boyfriend."

Ahem. If it's not grammatically correct, please, totally hip fashion designer, don't put it on a t-shirt, unless, of course, the mistake is obviously on purpose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're good.
That first sentence was complex
and beautifully put together.